Coordinateur de Projet-Droits et Dignité des Baka / Project Coordinator-Baka Rights and Dignity
A propos de vous :
- Licence sciences sociales ou équivalent
- Expérience dans le travail avec des personnes marginalisées
- Maitrise de l’anglais et du français
- Expérience dans la coordination d’une équipe
- Expérience dans une ONG en rapport avec l’encadrement des enfants
Vous postulez uniquement en ligne ! 654 20 70 51 – 694 93 59 72
Date limite : 31 Août 2016
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International Cameroon is currently advertising for the following position of Baka Rights and Dignity (BRD) project Coordinator.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and project co-ordination support for a project that is aimed at increasing inclusion gap with marginalized indigenous people with a focus on Education. This includes actions directly related to project planning and documentation, coordination, facilitating various workshops, and maintaining project documentation and reporting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Program Unit Manager, the BRD project Coordinator will among other tasks perform the following tasks:
Plan and lead the process of Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Learning/Research as per PALS together with Communities within the context of the BR&D Project.
• Spearhead the recording, reporting and analysis of progress against the annual work plan (AWP) and budget using an agreed format for physical and process monitoring
• Designing the formats and procedures for operational monitoring of BR&D project activities, outputs and outcomes/impact;
• Identifying the need and drawing up the terms of reference (TOR) for specific evaluation studies within the BR&D Project framework.
• Reviewing monitoring reports of field staffs and partner organisations to assess interim impacts and identify causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation.
• Guiding and supervising organisations or consultants that are sub-contracted to implement special surveys or studies required for evaluating the BR&D Project’s effects and impacts;
• Assess field reports of staffs to determine possible implications for implementation and agree on corrective action with Program Unit Manager;
• Facilitate, act as resource person, and join if required any external supervision and evaluation missions.
• Assist field staffs and the Project M&E Coordinator in the institutional capacity assessment for community leadership/management structures and local organizations and the participatory designing of interventions.
• Lead the process of developing tools to be used by communities as guides in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programme interventions ensuring that adopted procedures are relevant to the local context and in line with the CCCD approach.
Promote the communication of best practices among communities.
• Facilitate when and where necessary inter community learning among communities.
• Regularly identify and share with the PUM interventions, communities and activities that meet the criteria for case studies (positive or negative), and assist in the documentation of such cases for publication and annual reporting.
• Keep a bank of high quality digital Project photographs for case studies, annual reports (APPR and CPPR) and preparation of PR materials.
• In collaboration with the PUM, develop informative materials on the BR&D Project for sharing with donors, the public, government, communities and implementing partners to ensure greater awareness on the project.
Manages and facilitates the monitoring and evaluation of high quality project activities that clearly benefit and respond to the needs and aspirations of the target families and communities in line with the Plan’s CPO 05 Country Strategic Plan.
Participate and ensure conducting of feasibility studies for new projects and ensure that pilots are conducted when appropriate.
• Project & Program innovations and improvements are regularly implemented and documented.
• The results of evaluations at project and programme level are incorporated into future project plans.
• Facilitates participatory monitoring and evaluation of projects in line with PALS and the approved Plan Cameroon monitoring and evaluation framework.
• Degree in social sciences or equivalent;
• Experience working with/for marginalized people;
• Be fluent in both English and French;
• Experience coordinating a Team;
• Experience in the NGO sector preferably with child-related development issues;
Skills and behavior
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
• Knowledge of program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Knowledge on child poverty issues and Rights based approaches in programming
• Experience in program data entry and analysis and management
• Good command on PPM and decentralization processes
• Ability to analyse project management problems and to find alternative solutions.
• Experience in CBO management and decentralization processes
• Effective networking with stakeholders and ability to manage partnership
• Strong supervision skills including assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of potential partners.
• Strong knowledge of financial administration and Community managed projects (CMPs).
• Strong command in project proposal writing and resources mobilization
• Communication and Consultation: Interacting with people about ideas, thoughts, facts, emotions, challenges, successes, etc. alongside hard facts such as project progress. Having the ability to clearly articulate what must be accomplished; keep the teams moving toward a common goal; and to foster an environment that allows team members to communicate openly and honestly.
• Conflict and Crisis Management: Listening and responding to the needs and views of all team members to anticipate any potential areas of conflict. The ability to diff use situations where conflict has risen maintains a healthy project environment.
• Leadership: Understanding the vision and direction of the project and aligning the team to work towards it. Skills include delegating, coaching, motivating and leading by example.
• Learning and Development: Continual improvement of both your own skills and those of your team. Assessment of skills and capabilities, encouraging participation in learning activities and evaluating how the learning is applied in the project environment
• Negotiation: Analysis of information, decision making, establishing the desired outcome and developing a strategy for the negotiation alongside understanding the optimal outcome from several options. Gaining agreement through consensus of positions from both parties.
• Problem Solving and Decision-Making: Resolving issues and solving problems that are a normal part of every project
• Self-control: Self-control and self-management to ensure day to day stresses are addressed and a work / life balance maintained.
• Teamwork: Creating a team atmosphere where the team believes that ‘we are all in this together’ is a critical component to project success.
• Reflects on performance: Demonstrates enthusiasm and motivation to learn, Reflects, analyses and learns from self and other’s past performance, both successes and mistakes.
• Identifies new ways of doing things and learning plans: Invests time/energy/effort on the job to learn new approaches and new ways of doing things, Creates plans for development, and executes them to the extent that he/she is able.
• Participates in learning activities and learns from one’s mistakes: Is a willing participant in planned learning activities, Learns from one’s current mistakes, recording lessons learned.
• Pursues learning beyond the current job or identified need: Goes beyond the context of one’s current job and challenges and modifies assumptions/perceptions regarding how to optimize personal and organizational learning
• Does longer term coaching or training: Creates an environment where mistakes are used as learning opportunities, feedback is freely offered and willingly received, and expertise is shared among employees
• A Covering letter
• A Comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent supervisor
Closing date: August 31st, 2016
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Registration is only online: 654 20 70 51 – 694 93 59 72